We are a family run independent shoe shop, in 1952, Mr Charles Potter opened his shop at 264 High Street, Berkhamsted. This business was taken over by his son Raymond in 1974, who traded at this location for a further 27 years before opening Colton Footwear at its current premises of 240 High Street, Berkhamsted. In 2003 his son took over the day to day running of Colton Footwear. The ethos of the business still remains the same as it did on its very first day. We are about service, knowledge and supporting the local community.
In 2013 Colton Footwear opened its doors in its second sister store in Chesham, and subsequently in 2015 was granted permission to stock Clarks Children's shoes. 2021 marks an exciting chapter in the business where it becomes a multichannel retailer opening up its new webstore.